Landing in London



The breathtaking view of central London when on final approach to Heathrow Airport never ceases to amaze me. It has got to be one of the most stunning approach paths in the world.
I am here for a night and have meetings tomorrow. It is the place where I feel most at home (after Aalborg) and always has been since I first visited at the age of twelve.
I have been back almost every year since then and even lived there for a period while studying. I have landed more than 40 times in Heathrow so far.
Sadly, this time I won't have time to actually see any of the city since my meetings are in bloody Slough. Should have time to stock up on tea, coffee and marzipan from Marks and Spencer though.



Landing in London brings a certain song to mind: 3 Doors Down. Leading this traveling salesman life of mine, it always brings a tear to my eye. Miss you! xxx



No comments: